Thursday, May 5, 2011

Overwhelmingly busy in the garden

Well its been a little over a month and Boy have we been busy. I finished establishing a rather large flower bed before Easter. Complete with fountain and trailing gravel paths. I'm quite proud of it. The fountain is in the middle surrounded by Cannas and elephant ears. There are banana trees all along the fence in the back, a small palm, pheledrandron, and walking Iris to one side. roses, hydrangea and bulbs to the other side. Verbena in the front and sweet potato vine and bleeding hear to the sides of that.
The vegetable garden has exploded to life. We are harvesting peas, green beans, peppers, zucchini and some green tomatoes daily. We have canned about 18 cans of green beans, some zucchini relish and I'm about to start on home other relishes and salsas in the next couple of days. I want to do some relishes similar to what you would buy at Harry and David that you can mix with cream cheese.

The Chicken Saga. We finally have a home (other than our spare bedroom) for the chickens. It took several project days but with the help of Alison's Dad, my parents and of course Alison and my blood sweat and tears, we have a coop and a run for them.It is quite large, 8X10 coop and 10X20 run. There are still some fine tuning but I will go more into that in my next post. So for until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment